7/9/19

Well, I tried.

So... last year, I posted about my little brother, Joe, being an absolute piece of shit.


This year, I showed you things have stayed more or less the same. He's still human garbage, who routinely got dad's hopes up and then shat on everything he cared about. The very day dad had a heart attack, Joe had refused to garden with us.

Then, dad was gone. It all happened in the blink of an eye.

I was left to tend the garden alone.

a couple days ago, I harvested a bunch of peas, and cooked them up with stuff from our freezer. Entitled little dip shit Joe started eating the food. 

I told him he couldn't have any because he didnt' help grow it and was a disappointment to dad. Mom sided with Joe, and forced me to share.

I ranted about it here and on reddit.

People said Joe was grieving too, and so was mom. They said I was being selfish for thinking it was all about me, and that I should share.

They urged me to talk it out with Joe and with my mom.

So. today.

I talked it out with Joe.

I told him, basically, that the garden was the most important thing to dad, the most important thing he left behind. I told Joe that it was an honor to work the same soil that dad had worked, and tend the plants that dad had planted.

Joe told me he didn't want to, and he wasn't "interested".

I wanted to punch him so bad. Or worse.

I told him it's not a matter of simple interest, it's a matter of principle. I told him dad wanted him to help in the garden- I reminded him of the time dad actually asked him to and he refused.

I told him he had to make it right, and get his ass into the garden and help.


He refused AGAIN.

I told him he had no choice, and he actually told me to go fuck myself.


SERIOUSLY? FUCK YOU JOE!


I'm so angry right now. And there's nothing I can do. The trap is empty, and it seems the animals may be learning or something. I haven't caught anything in a while.

So what am I supposed to do?

I took reddit's advice and tried talking to him. You see how well that went.


Well I tried one more thing: I told Joe there was a lot that needed to be harvested, and that if he wanted to eat it he should fucking help.

He said, "Mom'll make you share."

I told him, I was way ahead of her. I was gonna cook without using any food she bought. Just going to use the food I grew with dad and nothing else.

and Joe said, "As if I care about eating your shitty vegetables. Keep them to yourself."

Why is my 14 yr old brother such a little shit? What 14 yr old talks like that? I hope hell exists, just so he can go there.


Well...

I ended up doing all the garden work by myself (OF COURSE).

This is what I picked:
beets greens, peas, dill, and daylilies picked fresh in a big bowl
beets greens, peas, dill, and daylilies 
I added daylilies to the veggies from the garden, because I had recently seen somebody post a picture of them on reddit, and I got to remembering how dad used to use fry the immature buds.

Had a craving.


BTW, daylilies are edible  but be very careful if you plan on using them. True lilies are toxic! Make sure you get a positive ID. And if you intend to eat them, take a small amount first, in case you are allergic. (Unless you are one of my anonytrolls, in which case do you want IDGAF)

I pan fried everything.

Mom asked what I was cooking, and why I wouldn't share with Joe. (Obviously the little shit tattled on me.) I told her I asked him for help, and told him ahead of time if he wanted to eat any, he better help.

She said we talked about this last time. and "You need to share with your brother and sister"

I told her I'd happily share with her and my sister, but not with Joe, because I had explained to him i needed the help, and told him he'd have to help me if he wanted to eat it, and he had said he didn't want to eat my "SHITTY VEGETABLES" anyway.

She looked royally pissed when she heard that word, but told her it was direct from his mouth.

I thought she'd go yell at Joe, but all she said was: "Alex, you're not the only one in this family, you're not the only one who misses your father. You are older than Joe, grow up and start acting like a big brother instead of a little brat."


Well let me tell you, I was mad enough to fucking wreck something.

"Little brat?" Is she fucking serious? JOE is the little brat.


I wanna hurt him.




I finished and posted chapter 10 of my book  yesterday... the whole time I was thinking I should have chosen a different name for the main character because dad is gone. It's hard to write a living character if it's supposed to be him. I was also thinking it was a huge shame that the best friend's name was JOE since the real life Joe is an absolute piece of trash, who disrespects dad's memory daily.


Now, I owe it to dad to get Joe into the garden. But Joe is putting up all kinds of opposition.

Thinking all this, I'm going to sit down and write tonight. That's for goddamned sure. I'm gonna write something nice and fitting for Joe Jones and the whole time I'll be imagining Joe Maria.

How else can I cope?

EDIT: Here's 11. That felt great to write.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me how you really feel...