6/22/19

It's a beautiful day- perfect for gardening with Dad!

I've been weeding with dad all morning, and we planted the rosemary bush I gave dad last weekend for father's day!

a rosemary bush
It's gorgeous out there today, nothing can bring me down! The sun is shining, the plants are green (or sometimes purple)...

Pea flower!
... and life is good! Being with dad makes me feel proud. We pulled up buckets of weeds, and the garden is looking pretty healthy. 

The artichoke I didn't pull is doing really good. the peas are doing so great they are overshadowing the carrots. The beets are doing great too. 

Anyway, dad and I are only in for a moment, grabbing a quick lunch (PBJ FTW) and then we are going back out to trim the peas so the carrots can get some light. I think we might also harvest beet greens for dinner tonight! Maybe I'll take a stab at dad's favorite recipe.

Either way, I'm gonna ask my brother to help us for the second part of the day, and I've got a great feeling about. It's too nice of a day for him to say no.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me how you really feel...