8/24/18

Dad and I went for a hike! Saw a "Cliff" and some "Capillaries"

Dad and I went for a hike at a park in northern New Jersey, Watchung Reservation! It was a bit of a drive but it was so worth it because we saw a cliff! 
A picture of a stump, that looks just like a cliff. Its all perspective
Granted it was only a foot tall, and actually a rotted stump... but- cool pic either way!
We also saw some capillaries!

Granted, they were actually just red vines growing on walnut trees, but hey
I guess it's all about perspective! PS click on that capillaries picture, it looks really cool in higher detail!

And all joking aside, it felt great to get out and hang out with dad- beyond the garden. 
I absolutely love gardening with dad, but the gardening was pretty well caught up, and he asked if I'd join him. 

Of course I felt very proud that he wanted to spend time with me even when there wasn't any work to do! 

And this was actually better than the Stonybrook trip (even though the scenery at the Stonybrook trip was a lot more impressive), because it was just me and dad. No family to get me mad and angry...

Garden Update: The reason we didn't have any more work to do was we just did a whole lot of weeding AND we just replanted beets, in the hopes that we'd get another small harvest before the first frost... Maybe we'll cook Harold's Citrusy Chick-Pea'd Beets again, but if all we get is greens then at least we'll cook Harold's Nutty Beet Greens again) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me how you really feel...